What to Look for in a TMS
The spotlight is on you and your transportation services company. How will you keep up in this ever-changing industry? With a modern TMS solution, your team moves ahead of the curve. Learning the key elements needed for success is key. TMW is pleased to offer you a free guide on how to select the right TMS for your company.
The guide is full of tips that, when followed, will save you time. And time is money.Download Now
Building Blockchain Applications for the Transportation Industry
How can Blockchain solve transportation industry problems?
The wider adoption of Blockchain technology across other industries is a strong indication that it is time for transportation to take the leap and start thinking about reshaping our industry using better and more efficient tools. Award-winning Data Visionary Timothy Leonard and his team discuss the steps required to build and guide Blockchain applications.
Blockchain technology is reshaping the transportation and logistics industries in ways that can create competitive advantages. To start understanding what it will do for you and your company’s business, download our guide: Building Blockchain Applications For The Transportation Industry.Download Now
Business Process Assessment (BPA): A Full Exam to Maximize Software Utilization & ROI
Do you know the five warning signs of business process failure?
Few industries are more dynamic and fast-moving than transportation and logistics. If you want to be ready to compete in this fast lane, you need technology and business processes tuned for peak performance. This white paper helps you to learn about the top five warning signs that can disrupt your critical business processes and what to do to avoid or overcome them.Download Now
Vehicle Fault Code Analysis: Moving from Proactive to Predictive
Fleet safety and productivity impact your entire organization. Insurance rates, liability, CSA, profitability and even attracting and retaining good drivers and customers depend on operating well-maintained vehicles.
With over 10% of total transportation company operating expenses spent on maintenance, monitoring vehicle performance data on a near-real-time basis is critical. Breakdowns hurt bottom lines even more. Fault codes are a key part of solving the problem, but after the fact, fault codes are history. Predicting the fault before it causes a breakdown is key.
Wondering how you can manage a predictive and proactive plan to lower maintenance costs? Download a copy of our free white paper, Vehicle Fault Code Analysis - Moving from Proactive to Predictive, and learn ways to get ahead of the breakdowns and repair costs facing your fleet today. Keep your fleet on the road and out of the breakdown lane.Download Now
Routing Strategies to Drive Your Business Into the Future
Are your final mile operations suffering from tunnel vision?
The final mile remains one of the most costly and inefficient legs of the supply chain. Increasingly complex fulfillment demands, the growth of e-commerce and the explosion of the crowdsourcing business model have all created new challenges for last mile operations. These changes introduce new challenges, and can also serve as distractions from the larger picture.
How can carriers effectively respond while taking proactive steps for the future of their business? In our final mile routing white paper, learn how implementing advanced routing and business intelligence can help carriers address these trends and look at the larger picture of their future.Download Now
Blockchain for Transportation: Where the Future Starts
Understanding Blockchain Technology: Your 21st Century Link to Profit and Growth
From grasping basics to applying Blockchain technology in the transportation space, Timothy Leonard, 2017 Data Visionary award-winner, explores where we are and how Blockchain has become one of the top priorities of this decade. His latest white paper focuses on providing suggested practical applications and an overview of implementation guidelines for Blockchain within the transportation marketplace.
Download our white paper on Blockchain technology, “Blockchain for Transportation: Where the Future Starts”, to learn more.Download Now
The Future of Freight Supply Chain
Are you ready for how the use of data will impact the future of the freight supply chain? TMW Executive Vice President Tim Leonard and his expert team of data scientists have researched the details to share with you.
There are key steps to preparing your business for these inevitable changes. The future is fast approaching. Download your guide now.Download Now
ELD Compliance: Are You Heading Down a One-Way Street?
The deadline for compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s ELD mandate is fast approaching. For companies rushing to comply with this new rule, there are two approaches: one allows companies to do no more than meet the government’s minimal requirements; the other empowers your fleet to achieve greater efficiency and cost savings.
Discover how making a smart choice in selecting your ELDs can minimize your hardware investment cost and improve delivery operations.
Download our white paper to learn:
- How a shortsighted ELD compliance strategy costs companies more in the long run
- What companies should look for when choosing ELD devices
- How ELDs play a vital role in a true “connected enterprise”
- Why ELDs are an important business intelligence resource
Is There a Blind Spot in Your LTL Operations?
Few other transportation work environments can match a busy cross-dock operation for pure frenetic energy. Add a paper-based process to the controlled chaos and you have a recipe that could lead to costly errors and dissatisfied customers. Enter cross-dock process automation.
Adding automation to your process helps to streamline dock operations, minimize shipping errors and reduce lost revenue associated with incorrect weights, dimensions, and OS&D saving you time, money, and hassles.
Download our white paper to learn:
- The shortcomings of traditional paper-based cross-dock processes
- The expectations of customers in an increasingly e-commerce focused economy
- How automating cross-dock processes can increase employee efficiency
- How automation can help you improve customer satisfaction, minimize errors, and improve financial performance
Capture an Extra $571 per Truck
The prospect of quickly boosting your bottom line by a penny or more per mile is impressive, to say the least.
While you work hard every day pursuing new customers and freight, your best immediate opportunity to improve bottom line performance comes on the cost side. In fact, you are probably already overspending by a penny or more per mile in one of your top three cost areas: fuel.
- The true impact of saving 4 cents vs. up to 9 cents per gallon
- The differences between and benefits of fuel optimization vs. fuel network planning
- How fuel optimization solutions can help you realize $571 in savings per truck
Transportation Institution vs. Information
The landscape of transportation and distribution is constantly changing. Trends such as omni-channel, crowdsourced and drone-facilitated delivery are placing new demands on trucking companies. By improving processes and utilizing Master Data Management, you can respond to these demands while driving efficiency in operations, business development, customer service, and sales within your company. You'll learn how to leverage technology and data to turn your company into an information-driven organization.
Download our white paper to learn:
- Industry trends and the impact of omni-channel delivery and new technologies on the future of distribution
- How master data management (MDM) can help you create and maintain actionable, reliable, complete, accurate, timely and secure data in a single environment
- Why MDM is key to improve fleet maintenance, customer relations and dock operations
The New Freight Transportation Puzzle
Using Advanced Transportation Management Systems for Omni-Channel and Last Mile Delivery Models
As omni-channel delivery models become more common, and even expected, carriers and logistics service providers are striving to rise to meet the freight transportation challenges of a 21st century economy. Advanced transportation management can help 3PLs, brokers and carriers to rethink and expand internal processes and service offerings to respond successfully navigate this uncharted territory.
Download our white paper to learn:
- The driving forces behind the changing supply chain
- How to transform and improve your service offerings
- The demands that e-commerce places on your transportation model, and how to respond to these challenges
- How business intelligence and analytics can help your business be more effective and efficient
The 20:1 Solution
Calculating the ROI of a Modern Asset Maintenance I.T. Solution
A growing number of fleets now apply the same I.T.-enabled discipline to maintenance operations that help improve the performance of most other operational areas.
Regardless of fleet size, the use of a modern asset maintenance solution can drive step-change improvements in shop efficiency, cost control and vehicle productivity. It can help maintenance operations optimize PM cycles, reduce labor hours, track product wear rates, and collect intelligence that can be used to improve purchasing strategies.
Download our white paper to explore how a modern AMS can help your company save money by:
- Helping you manage warranties and inventory
- Streamlining facility scheduling and repair order processes
- Providing real-time data tracking
Adaptive Fuel Supply Helping Carriers
Modern Technologies Promoting Service Excellence and ROI Through Improved Planning, Execution and Situational Awareness
Bulk fuel carriers are the tightrope walkers of the fuel supply chain, operating daily within the narrowest of tolerances to meet the needs of retail customers in a timely manner and in the quantities they need – no more and no less. Delivering the right loads in the right amounts and at the right times is paramount, and carriers who arrive before or after the optimal service window can create an array of problems for themselves and their customers.
In order to continue to grow in today’s rapidly changing environment, carriers are proactively adapting to market conditions by examining and addressing each opportunity to improve operational efficiency and enhance their customers’ buying experience. The primary tool enabling these changes is a modern transportation management system (TMS).
- How industry changes have created new challenges in fuel delivery
- Modern tools can help carriers become more efficient
- Why TMS solutions are necessary to provide deeper visibility and situational awareness
- How modern TMS solutions help carriers maintain data integrity by streamlining the flow of information
Maneuvering Through the Final Mile Challenge
Choosing the Right Software Solution and Avoiding the Traps
As companies face the challenge of a 21st Century economy, many are discovering that the obsolete management methods and tools they are using exacerbate the problem of improving delivery performance in this changing environment.
A vital part of the supply chain that is most often in need of overhaul is the final mile – the movement of product to their final destination. Final mile is the most visible portion of the supply chain to the consumer, and in the customer’s mind it is the most important aspect of delivery.Download Now
Food Safety Technology Solutions Spanning the Supply Chain
Is your business doing enough to comply with regulations and ensure preventative processes are in place?
The causes of foodborne illnesses are plentiful and impact the entire food supply chain. What’s even more concerning is these illnesses are largely preventable by using the proper precautions – and the right technology.
This guide covers:
- Understanding the Food Safety Modernization Act
- STF (Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food) Requirements for Shippers, Carriers and Receivers
- ELD Compliance Deadlines and Driver Benefits
- How You Can Provide Safe, Compliant Transportation from Farm-to-Fork
Big Data Driven Transportation Analytics
Concentrating and unifying operational data allows you to deliver actionable insight at both the operational and strategic levels, driving innovation and alignment for even the smallest fleet.
Download our FREE white paper to learn how big data can supplement your analytics and help your company make faster, more educated decisions.
You'll learn how:
- Data-driven decision making drives operational and strategic innovation
- Flexible, integrated information systems and services help deliver actionable data, enabling nimble and well-informed decisions
- Selecting the right systems and services can maintain alignment with rapidly changing business circumstances and industry requirements
- Industry-level analytics can help you measure, benchmark against industry trends, and provide the data necessary to make decisions on corporate direction in a constantly changing industry