Your right to privacy is important. At TMW Systems we believe that personal information you choose to furnish online should only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality of products, services and support. We display this Privacy Statement to make you aware of the information practices for TMW Systems websites, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time to stay current with changes in our business and to better serve you. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to inform yourself of any changes.
Consent to Use and Transfer Personal Data
Please note that if you submit personal data through a TMW Systems website, you will send it to TMW Systems, Inc. in the United States. We will collect, process and transfer your personal data in accordance with this Data Privacy Statement but possibly not in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside. By submitting your personal data through a TMW Systems’ web site you consent to TMW Systems' collection, use, storage and transfer of your personal data to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located, including in the cloud, for the purposes for which it is submitted and in accordance with the policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Types of Data Collected Online
You can browse most of our web sites without entering any personal information. Only general, non-personally identifiable information that TMW Systems logs from all site visits, such as Internet service provider, operating system/browser type, and pages accessed, will be collected in those instances. This means that a user's session will be tracked, but the user will not be individually identified.
There are times, however, when we or our business partners (such as our external service providers identified below) may need information from you.
For example, you may choose to give us personal information when you:
- Access or register for access to portions of our websites
- License software, products or services
- Register as a user of TMW Systems services and products
- Make requests for materials, customer and other services, and product support, repairs and upgrades
- Subscribe to newsletters and online services
- Create a user profile to receive future information, special offers and communications.
- Apply to be considered for employment in connection with a job opening at TMW Systems.
- Register for a TMW Systems User Conference
At such times you may be asked to provide contact and billing information (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiration date), as well as information about the product or service purchased (e.g., software name, product I.D., serial number, customer number, product version). Demographic or other personal information may also be requested, however, volunteering such information is optional. By providing the information to TMW Systems you consent to our transfer of this information to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located.
Use of Data
TMW Systems uses personal information collected on its websites for the purposes for which it is requested or as necessary or permissible under applicable law. We also may use the information you provide to notify you later about new developments with respect to the products and services you have purchased or to inform you about new products, special offers and services offered by TMW Systems, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("TMW Systems Companies") or by its business partners. It is important to note that you may opt out of receiving further information from TMW Systems, as discussed in detail below. We use non-personal information to analyze sales trend data as it relates to geography, time and demographics and for transportation metrics including benchmark reporting and the like.
In connection with a job application or inquiry advertised on a TMW Systems website, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume or curriculum vitae. We may use this information throughout TMW Systems for the purpose of employment consideration or your inquiry. Except where you tell us not to, we will keep the information for future consideration.
With Whom We Share Information
In the ordinary course of business TMW Systems will not sell, trade or rent your individual identifying information to others absent your consent to do so. TMW Systems may share the personal data you provide online with others as described below:
- Affiliated Companies, Business Partners and Agents. We work together with affiliated companies, business partners and agents who are acting on our behalf for the uses described above. For example, an external service provider listed below may host or operate an online TMW Systems service, organize a user conference or process credit card transactions. When such an entity is involved in a transaction with you, we may share personal identifying information related to the transaction.
- Mergers and Reorganizations. In the event of a corporate reorganization, such as a merger, acquisition or sale or transfer of assets by TMW Systems outside the normal course of business, customer information may be transferred to third parties.
External Service Providers
The following external service providers collect information or receive in-house information collected through our websites:
- An event management service provider hosts and operates our online registration process for TMW Systems’ annual user Conference. When you register for the conference, your contact and billing information will be collected. Please view the event management service providers Privacy Statement for a full description of the information privacy procedures.
- A cloud service provider is used to provide cloud services as a repository for collected information.
- A website analytics vendor provides website statistics services to track our site activity including traffic sources, visitors' information, their activity and sales. This helps us in understanding our audience and improving the customer experience on our sites.
- A credit card Servicer is used to process credit card transactions. The third party receives the name of the customer, their credit card details and may receive shipping and billing information.
Please note that our websites contain links to other sites. When you access a third party's website, even one that may contain the TMW Systems logo and content regarding TMW Systems' services and products, please understand that the website is independent of TMW Systems. We do not control the privacy policies of any third party sites. If you click-through a banner ad or link to a third party site and submit your information, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those third parties. We assume no responsibility or liability for any third party policies or the actions of third parties. A link to a third-party website is not an endorsement.
Choice / Opt-Out
TMW Systems will not share personal identifying information provided to us online except as stated above without allowing you the opportunity of consenting to or opting out of such disclosures. When you place an order for TMW Systems services or products, register as a user of TMW Systems products, services or promotions, or when you submit a user profile you are given the opportunity of notifying us as to whether you would like to receive future information, special offers and communications via email. All unsolicited email marketing and promotional communications contain an opportunity for you to decline future communications. Additionally, at any time you can opt-out of receiving such further information from TMW Systems by sending your opt-out request to email@example.com. TMW Systems will use its best efforts to comply promptly with all such requests.
Cookies and Options for Controlling Use of Your Personal Information
Please remember that protection of your privacy begins with you. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password you use, and you should always be careful and responsible whenever disclosing information online. Although we will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the privacy of your personal information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. TMW Systems assumes no liability for the disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or actions of unauthorized third parties. TMW Systems cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access or ask for corrections of your personally identifiable information that we collect and maintain in retrievable form by following this procedure:
1) Contact TMW Systems' Marketing Department at privacy@TMWSystems.com by sending a detailed message explaining your request including:
- Full contact information (your name, street address, e-mail address, telephone number)
- Details of the request (e.g. change of e-mail address, unsubscribe from a newsletter, review of personal information, etc.). Please be very specific about the concerns that led to your request.
2) To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to information or making corrections.
3) We do not place frequency or fee limits on your ability to access your information, however we reserve the right to decline unreasonable requests for information access and correction. If this right is exercised, we will inform you about the reasons for which your request is declined and explain to you a dispute resolution process.
4) If the information to which access is requested is not maintained in retrievable form, we will explain why access cannot be provided and how this type of information is collected and used.
5) If the information to which access is requested is maintained in retrievable form, we will respond to your request within fifteen working days. Access to the information will be provided in the form of disclosure and will not involve your direct access to our data repositories, on-line or off-line.
How to Contact Us
If you have requests or questions in connection with this Privacy Statement you may contact us at privacy@TMWSystems.com.