DirectRoute has always had the capacity to create static type routing models most food service companies prefer. However, with the Internet and just in time ordering becoming more common place, it is beginning to get harder to predict daily delivery quantities and just who is going to order. This makes DirectRoute an essential routing tool that will optimize customer deliveries daily in order to provide the most efficient uses of vehicles and drivers. Also make sure and check out SchedulePro to help determine the optimal delivery days for each customer.
Benefits from DirectRoute
- Builds Optimized Routes. Uses order info, time windows, volume, and work constraints to build efficient routes.
- Fixed Routes. Use DirectRoute to design and establish fixed Routes.
- DirectRoute can still be used to download orders every day and handle exceptions
- Dynamically route on a daily basis.
- Download orders from your Order Management System.
- DirectRoute will automatically create an optimized set of routes minimizing the number of routes required and overall cost.
- Information can also be uploaded back into your Order Management System to print pick tickets, etc.
- Save money. DirectRoute users typically experience savings of 8%-15% off their total distribution cost.
- Instant update of costs, mileage’s, and hours as routes are modified
- Order Consolidation
- Multi-depot option automatically assigns orders to depots
- Print Detailed Maps and Driving Directions.
- Easy to use, text file interface with Order Management System.
- Extensive what if capabilities for evaluating various routing
- Backhauls and priority shipments
- Special equipment required (lift gates, etc.)
- Accounts for layovers and break times
- Comprehensive data upload for interface to existing pick, load, dispatch, manifest, and reporting systems
- Easy to use route editing through map or menu commands
- Remote drop and hook locations
Optional Companion Modules